Thursday, April 19, 2012

Random Realizations #Part2



So, I was just walking down this narrow lane while I was coming back from a friend’s house, this lane has always amused me.

There was something about this lane which used to give me odd vibes, it was a busy lane. Nobody cared to wait, they all wanted to cross it first, and they wanted to beat everyone as if it was a race.

I could never figure out why were all of them in such a hurry?

So, there I was, wondering, music in my ears had took me to a different world, I stopped and stared, it was like I was watching a movie and they were on the fast forward mode, nobody cared, they walked the walk, they topped and stepped on everything which came in their way, they didn’t bother when the lady fell on the steps, nobody cared to help her stand straight, as I ran towards her, she blessed me and uttered “shukriya beta, aaj kal ke zamane mein time kis ke pass hai ki koi kisi ki madad kare, bhagwan bhala kare tumhara”.

I was astounded, as if I wasn’t aware of the mean world but she was in tears which came running down her eyes, I asked if I could help her any further, she said “tumne itna he kar diya, mere liye kafi hai beta, andhera ho raha hai jao ghar tum” but she didn’t seem alright, I hired a rickshaw and paid him to drop her wherever she wanted.

In the midst of this emotional disarray, I kept walking and thought to myself, are all of them mean, are they that into themselves that they can’t look beyond their own needs?

What a shame,
This game,
I don’t want to win;
 I don’t want to lose,
 I don’t want to bleed,
I don’t want to forget what my grandma once told me,
 She said “there would be a thousand people who’d walk past you, they’d shout and scream, they’ll abuse you for the things you haven’t done, but never lose your calm, there’d be one whom you’ll help and his blessings will make you work”.   


1 comment: