Monday, December 19, 2011

Untitled- Chapter 4


This night it was difficult for me to sleep, Charlie’s words were dancing in my head.

I was unable to decipher the meaning of his words; I couldn’t relate this emotion to the previous ones. I felt I was thinking too much, I decided to force myself to sleep. I closed my eyes and I saw his face, I was sure I am in much deeper trouble than I think I was in. The whole happening in my life had turned into nothing less than a movie in itself, the heroine was lonely & suddenly a stranger caught her attention & before anything else this guy is all what she thinks of, too much to sink in.

Well I decided to take a break from my usual routines and get back to my normal self, I skipped college and planned alone time with just me and myself. The plan included watching the movies I loved, ordering in pizza and lots of ice-creams & chocolates. While I was half way through my plan, I heard the door bell ringing, I was in my pajamas and sweatshirt, and hair roughly tied in a bun with spectacles on. I opened the door & I see Charlie, for two minutes I was blank, how did he know that I am home?
Well this guy has some telepathy going on with me, while I think he knows it already.  Left with no options I called him inside and a little too embarrassed by looking at the messy surroundings, a bed where 100s of CDs were lying, pizza, ice-creams & chocolates were all that you could find I apologized. He cutely smiled & pulled my cheeks and in a very catchy way said “You manage to look beautiful in anything that you wear Anna how?”
Blushing, I cleared the bed and made some space for him to sit, drinks I asked?

While I was busy making him a drink ignorant of the noises coming from there but when  I go back there and what i see pleases me in way,  the room is all cleaned . I thanked him and passed him his drink & sat and asked "what are you doing here at this time of the day?" Laughing at my question he said “am I a ghost who is allowed only during nights? “

A laugh filled the air. One after the other we kept on watching movies and we never realized that the clock was ticking, it was time for him to leave but as soon as we stepped out we saw the sudden change in weather and I asked him to stay over.

A little too conscious of making a stranger stay in my house I was fiddling with things around and he broke the silence and said don’t worry I don’t believe in the concept of rape, it’s either a yes or a complete no, and we both started laughing... 

But before I could I say anything, he kissed me on the corner of my lips.. 

1 comment:

  1. This is by far the best. Brilliantly put, and so believable. But then, I'm expecting a huge twist too. :D

    ReplyDelete