Thursday, March 15, 2012

At dawn there's always some hope Manan :)


It all started in that football field,
Their game had me as the meat,
Where they trampled on me with their words and feet,
They tried to break my morals,
They tried to break my soul,
Just because I said no to the game full of fraud and evil.
They tried to break me, all even.
Fractured, bruised I lay on the ground,
Where they tried to break free my soul,
I promised to myself, one day I’ll show them all,
I practised, I made myself strong and all
I quit everything; I stood by my dream,
I failed, I failed repeatedly,
They laughed and made mockery of me,
It was a path of darkness bends and breaks,
It was difficult for me to stand straight when they’d break my bones
And laugh at the smashed stillness of my soul,
She held my hand all through,
She gave me the courage and the guidance,
She bestowed her trust upon me,
She made me stronger,
It’s because of her that I stand in this field,
One step away from hitting that goal,
I retreat, I watch those faces,
I close my eyes, I remember god, I remember the struggle and all the pain,
With full belief I hit the ball, watching it land in that net.
I can hear the applaud, I can feel her embrace,
Those faces, darn you, I did it.


“There’s just one treasure worth your buying,
Beyond all splendours you may find
Within the tumult and the crying-
The silence of the sunlit light”


Believe you can do it, it’s in you. J

No comments:

Post a Comment